Pages

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Tuesday May 3, 2011

Well, I haven't figured out how to get the pictures on of the day Megan was diagnosed, so bear with me.  I will also put up a lside show of our first advocacy adventure with the ADA.  We went to Capitol Hill in D.C. This was such a memorable moment in our lives.  Before doing the political thing, we got to do some sight seeing.  We had missed the cherry blossoms, but it was beautiful.  The strongest and most touching memory I have is the Tomb of the Unkown Soldier.  Markie was 5 years old, and he was awe strucken by this event.  We had to drag him away from the tomb so we could move on.  He was quiet, well behaved, and just fascinated by the whole scene.  When we got back on the bus, he turned and looked at me and said "Mommy....I want to be a soldier for the tomb some day!"  It took all my energy to hold in my sorrow.  Markie CANNOT serve in the military becasue of his diabetes.  This is a moment in our lives I will never forget.  Who would have ever thought, I, as a mother, would WANT my child to serve in the military.  I guess it is just as the saying goes, "you always want what you cannt have!!"  Well, off to work I go.
I will try and get those pictures up this afternoon!!  Peace, Love and Insulin.....Kim ( I stole that saying, it is not my own ☺, gotta love Clara Barton Camp for Diabetes).

No comments:

Post a Comment