Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Another bad night

I don't know how Markie can function.  His nose is completely blocked again.  He is begging me to have the sinus surgery again.  He has had 5 FESS in the past 12 months. I am not joking!  I have begged his doctor to please figure out something different. I have tears in my eyes all day today at work, just thinking about my poor kiddo at home, still trying to get some sleep.  He only gets about 4 hours a night.  The prednisone was weaned off because of his bone breaks.  He was on prednisone since November. I am sure that he will get a FESS in next week or two, and will be going back on prednisone. This is not the life for an 8 year old boy.  Diabetes is the easy part of his life right now.  The allergy shots don't seem to be doing anything yet. He has had 7 months worth already. 
He has been to 5 doctors for this.  And each one keeps saying we are doing all we can do.  I just want a miracle fix so my kiddo can play, run, do sports, go to school!!!
Does anyone have any ideas??
Has anyone heard of something like this...sever allergies, causing polyps and swelling, and thick secretions reulting in blocked maxillary, frontal and ethmoid sinuses...requiring a FESS (sinus clean out surgery) every 3-4 months??? 
Markie needs a miracle now!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my heart is breaking for him! How competely miserable! Praying he gets some relief soon!

    ReplyDelete