Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fall, My favorite time of year!

I am so glad I had this surgery in the fall. I love fall weather, colors, and fun activities.  Have done some fall foliage sight seeing, but only locally. Was hoping to go for a ride with hubby, but looks like it will not happen....because...I AM GOING BACK TO WORK!!! And yes I am happy.  I need structure in my life, and this is the only way I will accomplish it.  I am 3 weeks post bypass and feel great!  I think I have gotten this nausea thing under control.  The key is fluids!! I needed to drink like 20 ounces more a day!
I went to my first exercise class and support group today. I was able to ride 4 miles on the stationary bike, which I think is pretty damn good 3 weeks post op.

We all did the ADA diabetes walk Saturday.  It was great! Team fighting Foisy's raised over 2,000...and Megan and Markie were the grand marshalls!  They started the walk off with Vince Wilfork! WHat an amazing day. It was so great to see the kids in the limelight!  Check out the pictures I posted!!

Markie and Mark are off to Boston Childrens right now for Markie's sleep study.  Seriously, if he needs CPAP, then Megan and I are moving out! LOLLL I really dont think he needs CPAP, I think he needs his polyps removed again....and he needs to stick with his sinus rinses and pulmicort instillations.  But what do I know....I am only the mother that listens to his breathing every day!!!!

Why is it that a 9 year old doesnt understand preventative medicine.  If I had a nickel for every argument over the sinus rinses, I'd be a millionaire.  He just doesnt understand that if he kept it up AND the steroid in his nose, then we may not be in this postion again.  AND I do not believe in the check chart and reward system anymore!!! We have done it with him for 3 months now and no improvement.  So do I give up or continue the checks and rewards....and then once the reward is given, we are back to arguing over doing it all again!  ARGH!!!!





Looking forward to a peacful night with no snoring and no CPAP!!! YEAH!!! But I do love my guys!!!

1 comment:

  1. BTW...didnt sleep great! Had to let dogs out twice and needed my CPAP and snoring white noise...lolll

    ReplyDelete